Saturday, September 3, 2011

The First Year Experience: Class Update

So as you may already know, I have changed my major about 500 times this summer. Classes start Tuesday and I have finally made a final decision... I hope. ;) I no longer am an Art major, but will be a Secondary Education Major in Mathematics with a minor in Theatre. The classes I will be taking this semester include:
Personal Health and Wellness. 1 credit.
Elementary Functions (a Precalc class). 5 credits. (That means its important)
Global Perspectives. 3 credits. (I have this class with Ben)
World of the Arts. 3 credits. (I have this class with my new friend Tim)
New Student Seminar. 1 credit. (I have this class with Ben and Tim :) )
Women's Chorale. 1 credit. (I have this class with my new friend Jordan.)
Giving me a grand total of 14 credits this semester.
My new advisor recommends you take 15 credits, but he also said that it is best to go easy your first semester to get use to college living. And since typical students start with a math 120 class it would be easier, but because of my ACT score I am in a math 152 class... Therefore my class will be a bit more challenging. My health and wellness class ends in october, I have the two months before that to decide if i want to take a 1 credit gym class during november and december. That will put me at 15... but i only need 12 credits. so i suppose 14 will be good for now. :) This weekend has been flying by! Only two more free days and then classes will start on tuesday. Wish me Luck! Toodles for now.

~stephanie joy.

No comments: